The stock of Western Union Company (WU) has gone up by 2.30% for the week, with a -9.21% drop in the past month and a 2.82% rise in the past quarter. The volatility ratio for the week is 1.88%, and the volatility levels for the past 30 days are 2.84% for WU. The simple moving average for the last 20 days is 0.45% for WU stock, with a simple moving average of -0.63% for the last 200 days.

Is It Worth Investing in Western Union Company (NYSE: WU) Right Now?

The price-to-earnings ratio for Western Union Company (NYSE: WU) is 6.07x, which is above its average ratio. Moreover, the 36-month beta value for WU is 0.87. Analysts have varying opinions on the stock, with 1 analysts rating it as a “buy,” 0 as “overweight,” 13 as “hold,” and 5 as “sell.”

Top 5 Artificial Intelligence Stocks to Buy for 2024

By now, you're well aware of the artificial intelligence boom. You know Big Tech has been investing billions of dollars into it. According to Next Move Strategy Consulting, the AI market – currently valued at about $100 billion – cold grow twenty-fold by 2030 to more than $2 trillion. That means you may want to strongly consider these top AI stocks. Get our free report, "Top 5 AI Stocks to Buy in 2024."

Click here to automatically get the our FREE Report & Special Offer "5 Best AI Stocks to Invest In"


The average price recommended by analysts for Western Union Company (WU) is $13.10, which is $1.08 above the current market price. The public float for WU is 362.63M and currently, short sellers hold a 5.80% of that float. On November 20, 2023, WU’s average trading volume was 4.62M shares.

WU) stock’s latest price update

The stock price of Western Union Company (NYSE: WU) has surged by 0.17 when compared to previous closing price of 12.00, but the company has seen a 2.30% gain in its stock price over the last five trading sessions. Seeking Alpha reported 2023-11-06 that Western Union reported a revenue of $1097.80 million, up 1% compared to $1089.60 million in Q3FY22. The comparison of the forward P/E ratio of 5.81x with the sector median of 8.56x shows WU is undervalued. With a capital return of 47.3% and dividend yield of 8.01%, investors can expect a total return of 55.31%.

Analysts’ Opinion of WU

Many brokerage firms have already submitted their reports for WU stocks, with UBS repeating the rating for WU by listing it as a “Neutral.” The predicted price for WU in the upcoming period, according to UBS is $14 based on the research report published on October 20, 2023 of the current year 2023.

WU Trading at -4.68% from the 50-Day Moving Average

After a stumble in the market that brought WU to its low price for the period of the last 52 weeks, the company was unable to rebound, for now settling with -19.00% of loss for the given period.

Volatility was left at 2.84%, however, over the last 30 days, the volatility rate increased by 1.88%, as shares sank -9.08% for the moving average over the last 20 days. Over the last 50 days, in opposition, the stock is trading -5.95% lower at present.

During the last 5 trading sessions, WU rose by +2.30%, which changed the moving average for the period of 200-days by -16.53% in comparison to the 20-day moving average, which settled at $11.91. In addition, Western Union Company saw -12.71% in overturn over a single year, with a tendency to cut further losses.

Stock Fundamentals for WU

Current profitability levels for the company are sitting at:

The net margin for Western Union Company stands at +20.37. The total capital return value is set at 26.46, while invested capital returns managed to touch 28.98. Equity return is now at value 131.08, with 8.90 for asset returns.

Based on Western Union Company (WU), the company’s capital structure generated 581.44 points at debt to equity in total, while total debt to capital is 85.33. Total debt to assets is 32.70, with long-term debt to equity ratio resting at 535.79. Finally, the long-term debt to capital ratio is 78.63.

When we switch over and look at the enterprise to sales, we see a ratio of 1.33, with the company’s debt to enterprise value settled at 0.41.


To wrap up, the performance of Western Union Company (WU) has been mixed in recent times. The stock has received a bearish of “sell” and “hold” ratings from analysts. It’s important to note that the stock is currently trading at a significant distance from its 50-day moving average and its 52-week high.